The Indian Dominican Province has stayed true to the vision of St. Dominic by preaching the Gospel across the length and breadth of the Indian sub continent. We proclaim Christ in a variety of settings like retreat centers, parish missions, religious houses, youth groups, and mass media. Our friars form future leaders of the Church and society through the seminaries and school that the province maintains. Some friars are involved in academic ministry different seminaries and colleges including Pontifical University of Saint Thomas Aquinas in Rome, while others are involved in missionary activity and serving the poor and the marginalized.
Broadly the activities of the Province can be categorized under the following heads:
- Preaching the word through all forms of communication including our retreat center, Media Mission and itinerant preaching in parishes, religious houses, schools, colleges etc.
- Formation of secular priests through seminaries established and staffed by the province and educating the next generation through our school.
- Youth ministry through Dominican Youth and Jesus Youth movements.
- Missionary work amongst tribals and marginalized groups like street children.
- Parochial service in places in the vicinity of our houses and through the parishes staffed by us.